Friday, August 15, 2014

IVF Update

Kristofer and I have been so amazed and humbled by the outpouring of love and support we have received after I posted about our journey to parenthood. Thank you to all of those who have reached out to us and to those who have started praying for us. We truly feel the prayers.


Many have been asking how they can help us through this process. First and foremost, prayer. Without prayer and comfort from our loving Father, this process will be so much harder. Another way is helping with the cost of the procedure. I have a friend that started a Mary Kay fundraiser where all commission made off the sales in August and September will be donated to our IVF fund - message me if you would like to place an order. In a couple of weeks, another friend will be hosting a Jamberry fundraiser as well; I will keep you posted on Facebook regarding this. We have been so blessed by family and friends who are willing to come together to help raise money for our IVF expenses.


We were also blessed to have a friend of ours set up a GoFundMe page. If you are interested in donating directly toward our IVF expenses, you can visit our page. All proceeds will go to the cost of IVF.


As I said before, we are so overwhelmed with the amount of support and love we have been receiving. God has truly blessed us by placing amazing people in our lives.


Over the past week and a half we have been doing research into the procedure and the costs it entails. At this point, it will cost us roughly $15,500 - $20,000. That is definitely an overwhelming amount of money. Whenever I start to have moments of panic, wondering how long it will take us to save up that amount of money, I remind myself that God is faithful.


I know without a doubt that God will provide the funds, whether it be through generous donations or Kristofer and I saving for a year or two; we will get the funds to have a baby. I am trying to come up with ways for me to bring in another income; right now extra babysitting jobs seems to be the way to go.


I have also been doing research into the process of IVF and let me tell you, it looks rough. It involves a lot of hormones, doctors appointments, and injections; all of which can be very intimidating. I keep telling myself, one step at a time. Thousands of women have gone through this process and so can I. I have been blessed to have a friend that went through this process not to long ago and she was kind enough to sit down with me last week and share the good, the bad and the ugly of IVF. It was both terrifying and encouraging. I hope she is ready to be my go-to person for all the ridiculous questions I may have throughout the process.


All of this will have to wait until we come up with the funds. No matter how long it may take us, I choose to cling to my faith and hope that God will provide.

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment