Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Beginning

So I decided to start blogging. There is a lot going on in my life and maybe my ideas can inspire some, or just make others laugh! So here we go!

About six months ago Kristofer and I bought our first house. We have been spending those six months trying to get the house to be our perfect home. We still have many projects to complete, but we have come a long way and we are loving every minute of homeownership!

Another exciting life change is that in six months we will be getting married! We are having two weddings, one in Sweden and the other here in Florida. We are trying to keep both weddings at a low cost so I am trying to come up with the most DIY projects I can do to save the most money. Kristofer and I have finally started to really getting into the swing of wedding planning. We have decided that the Florida wedding will be on the beach. We thought it would be cool to have one wedding in the 'Wintery Wonderland of Sweden' and the other in the 'Paradise of Florida' within a matter of two weeks time! I will need to make sure my wedding dress accommodates both environments!

After my parents brought it to my attention the beach wedding is a perfect place for Kristofer and I to be getting married. In August 2008 I was beginning to think that I needed some kind of change in my life. I didn't know what it was, but I knew God was preparing me for something big. I thought that He was preparing me to move to Georgia; boy was I wrong! I began praying and praying about what I was supposed to do. Kristofer and I had just started "talking" here and there and really starting to form a friendship. I had liked him but the feelings didn't seem to be the same on his part. So I decided one night to go down to the Venice Jetties (my special place I have with God). On my way there Kristofer sent me a text message checking in and seeing how I was doing, which put a smile on my face.

While sitting on the rocks looking out into the Gulf of Mexico watching the sun turn the sky into shades of orange and pink, I began to pray. I asked God to tell me what to do. Tell me if I should move to Georgia or stay. At that moment a huge wave crashed on the rocks, splashing me and I heard God's voice. He said to me, "stay". I was in awe. Never had I actually heard His voice. Sure, I had seen which way He wanted me to go in life as He pointed me in the right direction, but never had I heard His beautiful, calming voice. It was an amazing moment. I knew in my heart that that was what I was to do. Stay.

So the thoughts of moving to Georgia left my mind and I began trying to figure out why God wanted me to stay. What was His reasoning for having me stay here? As the months went on Kristofer and I grew closer. I began to consider him one of my best friends. We talked every day and saw each other often. I of course, began to like him even more. And then finally in November we had the conversation about our "relationship" and what is was. We then began dating and haven't looked back since. It has been a crazy past two and a half years and every second has been amazing. We constantly look at each other in awe of how blessed we are to have each other and our families. God has truly blessed us!

On August 7, 2010 Kristofer surprised me with a sky diving trip. Our families joined to watch as Kristofer and I took two of the biggest jumps ever! We jumped out of the plane and when we had our feet back on the ground, Kristofer was there on one knee asking me to be his wife. It was a perfect and joyous time and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was a perfect proposal, one I will never forget!

So now I have caught you up on our life together and I am sure I will fill you in on the in-betweens as time goes on. So now I embark upon the next adventure... wedding planning! There is a lot to do in the next six months and I am hoping it will all get put together in that time frame! I have a lot to do and the stress has already begun!

Today I made a DIY wedding invitation using scrapbook paper and ribbon. If Kristofer likes it I think that is the route we will take concerning our invites. In order to make 100 invites I am guessing it will cost me $15 for the invites themselves. I am SUPER excited about that price! I still need to buy the envelopes and cardstock to make the RSVP cards, but I think I am off to a good start!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I've loved it :)! Remember with your weddings that at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you are with Kristof. Enjoy the lead up to it and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know that's the true thing to focus on and I am. There's just a lot of little things here and there that need to be done, and paid for! :) But I am enjoying the process with Kristofer! It's fun planning a wedding and crazy planning two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can plan it for you :) Just may not be what you want

    ReplyDelete
  4. its the pencils that make it hard to read.... I just really have to focus but I guess I will make it happen

    ReplyDelete