Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So much to do, so little time...

Today has been a crazy day! Kristofer called the Swedish Embassy on his lunch break to found out all the information needed for the Swedish wedding. We have to fill out some forms and also include a certificate stating that I have never been married. I called the County Clerks office today and after going through recorded messages and being on hold I finally talked to an actual human after ten minutes! I'm pretty sure that they just read information straight off their website while going through the voice directory! I then got to talk to multiple people since not everyone knows all the information that is expected to be known on marriage.

I found out that they don't necessarily have a certificate stating that I have not been previously married. What they can do is search the database for each past year to see if there is a record of marriage. The fee is $2 per person, per year plus $7 for the certificate. I then asked what I needed to do in regards to making the marriage legal in the States. Of course I had to be transferred to another person yet again! I talked to the next operator and she basically told me, 'go to the website and it will tell you what to do'... Awesome! So I get off the phone and go to the website and read information on the "Apostilles" that I will need to file. I guess this will basically check the authenticity of our Swedish marriage license in order to make it legit in the states. So that is the latest on the legalization of our marriage!

I also went to Michaels this morning and got the remaining supplies to make the invitations. I need to find 6x6 envelopes, anyone know where I can find them? I still need to decided how exactly I am going to make the RSVP cards, I am thinking I will just get card stock and print them and cut it up. I bought a paper cutter today as well, so that will help in all the cutting I have in the near future!

Kristofer's mom and grandma have been helping me come up with ideas for the decorations for the Swedish wedding. We are thinking of taking candle holders and decorating them in some way, either with our names and date or frosted with snowflakes on them.





Here are two examples of some ideas we have.

Kristofer and I didn't get to the beach this weekend as planned so I am hoping we will be able to do so this weekend. Especially since he doesn't have school on Saturday! I can't wait to go and look at the pavilion and see if we can realistically have the wedding reception there! Tomorrow I start my new job. I will work a half day tomorrow and Thursday to get to know the boys schedule and then on Monday I will start full time! I am super excited about this job. I love being a nanny and can't wait to get to know these two little boys! But for now, the wedding planning and dreaming continues...

True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach 

No comments:

Post a Comment