Monday, August 1, 2011

Busy, Busy

Well I have had a delay in updating just because life has become busy, and its about to get a lot more crazy! Today I start my new job as a nanny for two little boys. I realized this weekend that this will be the first time I will be working five days a week in over four years! Over the past four years I have been working 25-40 hours/3-4 days a week. So this will be quite the change for me, since I have been used to having at least one day a week to get house work and grocery shopping done and not have to do it on my weekend. But I am super excited about this new job and really hope it lasts; I'm tired of looking for jobs!

Kristofer and I had a great weekend at home taking time to relax and we spent a lot of time playing board games (we are a bit of a geek kind of couple). We have also continued our wedding planning. Right now we are trying to find the best solution for dealing with all of the paperwork that is expected between both U.S. and Sweden in regards to making the marriage legal. There are a lot of things that have to be done and unfortunately the paperwork that is needed in Sweden needs to be turned in in person. So that is where we are at right now. We are just trying to get all of the information right now so we can find out the best way of going about everything. Who knew it would be so complicated to get married in another country!?!?

Last week I bought the rest of the scrapbooking paper needed to make the wedding invitations as well as a paper-cutter. And man alive, that thing is awesome!!! I got it from Michaels for $20 and it works wonderfully, making my life so much easier! I have already cut all of the paper. Now all I need is to find out where the receptions will be and what time we will be having the weddings and then I can start putting them together. Now that's exciting!

Today, August first has two meanings for my family. Fifteen years ago today my family made our move from North Carolina to Florida. I was so upset and sad that my parents moved us from a placed that I loved, but I am so thankful that God led us here. Had we not moved here, we never would have adopted my three little siblings and I wouldn't have met my Kristofer. Four wonderful things that made the move totally worth it.

Another thing that was worth the move was the fact that I got to live next door to my grandparents. That was such a wonderful time to get to just walk across the yard and go see my Grandma and Papa. Today also marks the day when my Papa went home to be with the Lord five years ago. It was such a sad day in our family. I think of him daily and miss him just as much as a did five years ago. I wish he were here to meet Kristofer. I wish he were here to watch me walk down the aisle. I just wish he were here! But I am happy to know that I will see him again! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment