Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weddings on My Mind!


Well over the past two days I have continued to make lists of wedding ideas and things I need to do. And boy, the list keeps growing! The other night I was awake for two hours after I was supposed to be sleeping just thinking about the wedding and everything in between!

Being as we are getting married in Sweden there are some documents we need to have in order to marry since I am not a Swedish citizen. Some how I need to have a legal document stating that I am not married. I have no idea what document to use for that, so I will need to do some research and find out! Another thing to add on the list!

This weekend Kristofer and I are planning on going to the beach to look at the pavilion to see if it will work for a wedding and reception. If it doesn't seem suitable we have decided that we will just have the reception back at our house. We are planning on having a small wedding so we think it would work just fine. I'm excited to go to the beach and start picturing how things will be for the ceremony and possibly the reception.

Even though it will be 'Florida Winter' when we get married, there is a chance that it may be a little warm on the wedding day. So I decided that I wanted to make 'program fans.' Another cheap DIY project!



Something like that. I figure if I just get cardstock paper and print them at home and use a cool stamp on the back, I could make these for under $20. Well, thats the hope of it all! I will see when I go out to actually price everything.

I am finding it to be quite fun planning two weddings. There is a lot to do; everything is double. I have to come up with two different ways of decorating (I already have the decorations for the FL wedding, but I don't think I will be able to get it all to Sweden). Luckily, we have Kristofer's grandmother who does amazing centerpieces, so she just may get promoted to Swedish Wedding Decorator! :) I am however, enjoying planning and trying to come up with the most ways to save and do things myself. It's a challenge and I gladly accept! (I think Kristofer will be happy with the most savings as well!!!)

Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment